Xeomin is a botulinum toxin produced by the bacteria Clostridium botulinum. This unique injectable is indicated for the temporary improvement of moderate to severe glabellar frown lines, periorbital lines, and forehead lines in adults.
– Between the eyebrows (glabellar region), to treat moderate to severe frown lines
– Around the eyes, commonly known as crow’s feet lines
Xeomin is a prescription medicine:
that is injected into glands that make saliva and is used to treat long-lasting (chronic) drooling (sialorrhea) in adults and in children 2 to 17 years of age.
that is injected into muscles and used to:
– treat increased muscle stiffness in the arm because of upper limb spasticity in adults.
– treat increased muscle stiffness in the arm in children 2 to 17 years of age with upper limb spasticity, excluding spasticity caused by cerebral palsy.
– treat the abnormal head position and neck pain with cervical dystonia (CD) in adults.
– treat abnormal spasms of the eyelids (blepharospasm) in adults.
How long does the result last?
Results are instant from the first treatment. In general, results last from 4 to 8 months. The duration of the result depends on factors such as skin type, age and lifestyle.
How does Xeomin works:
Xeomin is delivered into muscles to decrease their activity. XEOMIN blocks the release of a chemical messenger-acetylcholine-that conveys the signal from nerve terminals and causes muscle fibers to contract. Not all terminals are affected by botulinum toxin, so the muscles can still contract, just less forcefully. This allows the muscles to contract more normally.